Whether it's for fun with friends and family or a source of income doing what you love, candle making may be a hobby or a business for you. For SCS, we try to develop and think of the little things that help you on your journey. Having over 12 years of experience in the industry, we've seen trends come and go, what works and what doesn't.
As one of the first candle suppliers in the Australian market, Simply Candle Supplies has seen the days of Japanese Honeysuckle and French Pear being the "go to" fragrances and only a select number of brands being available as far as wicks and wax goes. With the need for high quality products and variety at the forefront of market demand, SCS has developed our own wax, wicks, work with our own perfumer for Australian made fragrance and bases and have sourced unique glassware, helping us stand alone as a proud, family owned business supporting other small, local businesses.
We've introduced products over the past few months that have helped many differentiate themselves in a crowded candle market while staying true to what they envisage for their creations and development of their brand.
There is no time like the preset to set intentions for what you see the rest of your year to look like. Whether it be through new products or maintaining an exisiting range, keeping your customers engaged is important. Planning your goals is the number one rule to being able to achieving them. If you're a doer or a planner there are a few tricks to try when setting out on a new adventure.
Know what you're getting into. Finding easy, cost effective solutions to developing products is the best way to set yourself up for success. Look at the cost per unit in production including the amount of fragrance oil required, the volume of the capacity ect. to get an overall idea of your outlay. The following ideas are for the maker who has perfected candles and melts and are looking for something different that isn't time consuming in the making process.
- Room Spray/Body Mist - only 1% fragrance oil - pre-formulated Room Spray base - generally made in 100ml or 250ml bottles. Difficulty Level: Easy. Cost: $
- Perfume - 20% fragrance oil - pre-formulated Perfume base - generally made in 10ml or 30ml bottles. Difficulty Level: Easy. Cost: $
- Lip Balm - preferred amount of flavour - pre-formulated Lib Balm base - generally made in batches of minimum 5 8ml tubes/tubs. Difficulty Level: Moderate. Cost $$
- Liquid Body Wash/Hand Wash - less than 1% fragrance oil - pre-formulated Premium or Goat Milk base - generally made in 250ml bottles. Difficulty Level: Easy. Cost: $$
- Face Cream - no fragrance oil - pre-formulated Body & Face Lotion base - generally made in 100ml or 250ml bottles. Difficulty Level: Super Easy. Cost: $
- Body Lotion - less than 1% fragrance oil - pre-formulated Body & Face Lotion base - generally made in 250ml bottles. Difficulty Level: Easy Cost: $$
- Melt & Pour Soap - 4% maximum fragrance oil - Melt and Pour Transparent, Hemp, Goat Milk, Triple Butter Soap base - made in a variety of silicone moulds Difficulty Level: Moderate. Cost: $$$
Make sure your decisions make sense for your business. Your vision of what you see yourself creating is the first thought as well as ensuring that you believe in the products you're producing.
Look for time saving solutions that increase your productivity. Ready made bases are perfect for the person who is running around with other priorities. Our bases are formulated with all of the appropriate ingredients for you to just add fragrance.
Offer products that your customers want. Whether you need to take a look at your fragrance options, your design choices or offering additional complimentary products to what you currently stock, it is worth while investigating what customer wants and needs.
If there is ever anything that you would like to see or need help sourcing please reach our to our customer service team at email@example.com