This basil and cucumber soap recipe is so easy to make, smells so refreshing and has been a favourite by those who have tried it.
Makes 6 x 50g soap bars
What You'll Need:
- 300g Melt & Pour Triple Butter Soap Base
- 6ml Basil & Cucumber Fragrance Oil
- 1 Tbs Whole Black Peppercorns
- Silicone Soap Mould
- Microwaveable Pouring Jug
- Stirring Rod or Spoon
- Cut the Melt and Pour into 2cm cubes and place into the microwaveable jug. Place in the microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring between each one, until the soap base has fully melted.
- Once the soap base has fully melted, add in your Basil & Cucumber Fragrance Oil. Do not add your fragrance oil above 60oC or below 40oC. Stir together for at least 1 minute.
- Allow too cool for ten minutes before adding your peppercorns. This allows for the soap base to become thicker so that your peppercorns don't add just sink to the bottom. Stir through your peppercorns.
- Pour your soap base into your Silicone Soap Mould and leave to set. We recommend leaving them for up to 4 hours before removing them from your mould.
- Pack into an air tight container until you are ready to use them.
Why You Should Make Your Own Soaps
Soap making used to take ages and you needed almost a whole kitchen of ingredients. These days, with soap bases, the hard work is taken out of the equation and you just get to do the fun part. With our range of soap bases and supplies, you can customise your own soaps to be exactly how you want them to be. We have over 200 hundred Australian made fragrance oils which are all candle and body safe, meaning you can use them in your candles and soaps.
Not only do you have a sense of accomplishment from making your own soaps, they are so hydrating and leave you feeling fresh. If you've mastered candle making this is the perfect product to complement your range. If you haven't even started making candles yet, but soap intrigues you, it is so easy to being.
If you're not convinced, here are a few more reasons why you should start making your own soaps with Melt & Pour Soap Bases.